Tuesday 19 July 2011

Explore: A new class



I created this blog to explore my creative side, it will feature a range of creative projects as I complete them and whilst in progress. At the moment I'm in a creative slump so I joined this new class run by Shimmile to try and get the juices flowing again.

It started yesterday when we had to make a playbook and take a self portrait - many shops later I ended up with 5 pictures I didn't mind!
For today we had to send ourselves a postcard about an adventure in our life - this could be any adventure not necessarily travelling. I went with my trip to Vietnam 5 years ago, and journalled some of the new things I'd experienced, such as travelling alone; the crowded, motorbike filled streets; Vegetable stacks in spicy tomato soup (oh how I'd love to have this again!) and being able to navigate street maps (a massive weakness as I can never tell which way up the map should be). Randomly this is a trip I have no photos of as my camera got ruined in a flood shortly after I returned!
Plus, it was the trip which kicked me up the arse and sent me off to do my PGCE in a new town, far from the safety of home.


My self portrait


My playbook, todays postcard and the photographs which printed out wrong - I now have to wait till I can get to a proper photo place rather than a self service machine.

5 comments:

  1. I smiled when I read on the forum about the Boots guy who helped with your photo issues.... They have the best customer service ever! See you in class
    Mandy McK (Moogieof4)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your self portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog :) C u in class :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your encouraging words about my Explore LO from day 5.... It was a lovely confidence boost. Explore is so much fun isn't it?
    Mandy McK (Moogieof4)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments.
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete